Sr. Data Analyst
Manage and Continue to Develop our Billing and Revenue Models
Reporting to the CFO, the Sr Data Analyst will be responsible for managing the current process we have in place as it relates to translating executed agreements into billing profiles currently managed in excel. These profiles are the foundation to generating all invoices issued to clients monthly. In addition to managing the current process this role is expected to enhance our procedures and establish a road-map that will allow us to increase our controls, accuracy, and volume of agreements which generate the billings. Kipu continues to grow and we not only need management of our current workload, but building for the future is a critical aspect of this core responsibility.
Analyzing Client Accounts and Working with Management
This role will be responsive to sales and other managers in assessing customer credit status. This task involves creating customer reconciliation reports outlining products purchased, credits available, credits taken, and credits expired.
Establishing and creating an audit process for billing
With several hundred billing profiles being designed, we need to understand the inherent risk in creating these profiles. This role will assist in creating an audit procedure for these profiles to reduce the risk of error.
Building Weekly and Monthly Financial Reporting
Once billing is complete, this role will be responsible for creating reporting on a weekly and monthly basis showing key metrics as it relates to our numerous revenue streams. These reports will show trends and other financial metrics that will enable management to focus their energy and time on.
Qualifications & What We Expect
Personal Characteristics: The most important aspect of qualifications is going to be the candidate’s demeanor, disposition, and approach to the work. It is critical that the candidate be driven by successfully achieving personal, departmental, and organizational goals. The candidate must also be flexible and nimble when approaching their tasks. As a young organization, there are several areas for which we need improvement and being able to quickly pivot from one task to another is key. Doing this with a positive attitude and keeping all stakeholders updated on tasks will be important to be a valuable contributor to the organization. The candidate must possess a humble yet confident nature and must be able to communicate effectively and receive feedback with several roles in and out of the organization. Being organized and dependable are also critical to the success of this role.
- 4 Year undergraduate degree. Preferably in the Computer Sciences or Finance/Accounting
- MBA and or PhD degrees preferred
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in data analysis and reporting is preferred
- Working in the software industry is a plus.
- Excel, Microsoft Power BI, Tableu, Microsoft Dynamics, SQL, Excel Power Pivot, Access and any other data analysis tools.
- We’re Kipu Systems, a 7-year-old EMR/EHR startup in The Addiction Treatment field. Our system has successfully treated over 500,000 addicts in the 1,300 Addiction Treatment facilities in which we operate. We’re growing, successful, and profitable. Our EMR product is regarded as “The Gold Standard” for Addiction Treatment.
About the Finance & Analytics Team
You will be joining the finance and analytics team. This team has recently gone through some changes that were done to continue to improve the data reporting responsibilities for Kipu. On staff we have a veteran to Kipu who has been with the company from almost its inception. The knowledge that this individual brings to the table is priceless. In addition, our HR/Payroll team supports all HR and payroll related functions for over 100 employees. The rest of the team is new and full of energy with a passion for making things better. Our collections and accounting team has made tremendous improvements in a very short time and there is so much more to go.
- Department Mission Statement: To ensure that users of Kipu financial reporting will utilize the information provided to its greatest capacity and for the benefit of Kipu and all its stakeholders including clients and employees. We will work tirelessly to ensure that financial data that comes out of our department is done so with timeliness, accuracy, with an ease of understanding, and is actionable. Our dedication to effective process and efficiency will drive us to thoughtful action for every opportunity we encounter.
- Department Core Values: Accountability & Integrity
- Life Insurance, 401K, Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance. This position is eligible for Stock Option participation.
- Full-Time in Coral Gables Florida. The position is not work from home and will require between 45-50 hours of work per week.