- This event has passed.
Forging Partnerships to Improve Access to Quality Care – AATOD Conference 2021
April 10 @ 7:00 am - April 14 @ 3:30 pm$325
The 2021 American Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence, Inc. (AATOD) Conference will be held virtually, April 10-14, 2021. The 2021 conference theme, “Forging Partnerships to Improve the Quality of Care” highlights the issues and challenges of medication assisted treatment in the context of the current opioid use/abuse epidemic.
Our intent is to educate and promote acceptance and integration of MAT options by patients, families, clinicians, the medical system, judicial systems, government, policy makers, social service administrations, and the general public. We will disseminate innovative, evidence-based initiatives and treatment techniques to better serve patients and providers, improve program development and administration, promote integration across the continuum of care, and enhance patient outcomes to assist communities in developing an effective response to this crisis.
- To discuss the latest research and regulatory developments relevant to the field of medication assisted treatment and critically evaluate the implications in managing the opioid epidemic;
- To disseminate innovative and evidence-based initiatives designed to increase access to services, improve program development and administration, and enhance patient outcomes;
- To strategize approaches to promote, support, facilitate, and integrate medication assisted treatment into the judicial and penal systems, government, social service organizations, and mainstream medicine;
- To identify and promote strategies that assist healthcare partnerships and collaborations by advancing understanding and acceptance of medication assisted treatment as a crucial element to community wellness and response to the opioid epidemic; and
- To address and refute misinformation and stigma and promote acceptance of comprehensive medication assisted treatment throughout the continuum of care.
The AATOD Conference is the largest gathering of the opioid treatment community. This conference brings innovative people together in a diverse array of forums and workshops. Hot Topic Roundtable discussions, inspirational plenary sessions, tours of programs, and exhibit booths with the latest technologies, science and products that support our work are just a few of the activities that surely stimulated participant discussion, debate and innovative ideas to share with our respective areas of work, our communities, and our treatment programs nationwide.