Certified Gold Billers
Gone are the days of having your addiction treatment center staff waste valuable time collecting data or a weekly census for billing. Instead, your biller uses the Kipu EMR Biller login (which you control) to harvest data through custom reports created in Kipu
Through the Kipu EMR Gold-Certified Biller program, you work less... ...and your biller works smarter.
After all weekly data is collected, an “Authorization To Bill” is created by your biller. You then simply log in and approve the week’s billing data and you’re done. Your staff time is used only for approving the billing; you no longer collect data for your biller.
This not only saves you time, it improves your accuracy because it is DOUBLE CHECKED. Your biller harvests and collects the data and you confirm it. Previously, you collected billing data…and no one checked it! But it doesn’t end there.
Your biller’s collections professionals are trained by Kipu to access data for appeals, presentations of medical necessity, third-party reviews, UDT/LAB information and more. Your biller will access it all directly from Kipu themselves.
Benefits Of Using a KIPU EMR Gold-Certified Biller
Improve Accuracy: Kipu Gold Certified billers are trained to harvest billing information, compile it, then send you an electronic “Authorization To Bill” which your staff quickly checks and approves. Previously, your staff spent up to two days per week compiling billing data by hand, and the work was not double-checked. Who knows how much you forgot to bill…
Higher Collections: Collection professionals are trained to assemble all required data from the clinical record for appeals of denials, third party reviews, presentations of medical necessity, and all other data necessary for collection efforts. This not only saves your staff valuable time that can be on patient care, it often increases collection rates because your biller’s staff gets what they need without delay or interruption.
Faster VOB: Kipu’s electronic portal connects to the Kipu VOB system through Kipu’s API. You don’t have to fill out Verification of Benefit requests or double-type anything. Simply crank up the Kipu Facesheet, request a VOB, and immediately the request is passed to the Biller, where the work is assigned to staff most suited (by payor, type of service, and other criteria).
Saves Time and Money: because Kipu Gold Certified billers harvest census data, participate in the Kipu VOB program, examine the clinical record for UR, and obtain all information needed for insurance company requests, as well as appeals of denials and third-party reviews or documentation of medical necessity – all your staff time that used to do manual work can now be spent on patient care, knowing your Gold Biller is taking care of business.
The Process Starts with VOBGetter. And it's Free!
Simply enter basic data (just nine fields!) into the VOBGetter system and get an instant, electronic VOB. Then you can order a highly detailed phone VOB from your Gold Biller and get your phone VOB back in the patient file in Kipu with a notification that your VOB is ready. Faster VOB gives you faster intelligence and the ability to make admission decisions — and that results in more admissions.
"We save so much time with our Kipu Gold Certified Biller compared to our last billing company...and we collect much faster now..."
- Gold-Certified Biller UR staff work directly in the Kipu Medical Record for speedier and more intelligent, enhanced UR negotiation.
- Your Gold-Certified Biller’s staff harvests census data through customized Kipu reporting. An “Authorization To Bill” is sent to you for approval and payor billing speeds through your biller’s system faster than ever before.
- In case of insurance company requests for additional information, Gold-Certified Billers are trained to gather all documentation needed for quicker response to payors, saving your staff time collecting such information.
- In case of an under-pay or denial, a third-party review team at your Gold-Certified Biller, collects all needed information for faster and more timely documentation of medical necessity to get your payments.
- All this means that you save 1.5 to 2 staff headcount chasing paper and devote that time to patient care. You take care of patients, Gold-Certified Billers take care of business.
Gold Certified Billers vs. Ordinary Billers
The Kipu Gold Certified Biller accreditation program enables you to get the maximum use of our KipuEMR by training your biller to do more, so you do less administrative work, and thereby have more time to spend with your patients.