The following browser versions are supported and tested for each release:
PC and MAC
- Internet Explorer version 9+
- Safari version 6+
- Chrome version 20+ recommended
- Firefox version 15+
- iOS 6 Safari (Web App)
- Android browser support is in beta (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich +)
Kipu EMR provides current census and bed information optimized for TVs with an integrated web browser. This display refreshes automatically and is optimized for HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels). We currently recommend TVs with integrated or external Google TV, which uses the Chrome web browser.
Kipu supports signature capture on touch screens and any standard input device. Additionally we support USB signature pads with Internet Explorer. Please contact us for current models. More importantly; you need only save one, perfect, pretty signature, then sign with a numeric “PIN” code which inserts your previously saved signature onto any formal document.
Kipu EMR requires Internet access. Your bandwidth needs will vary depending on your existing Internet use and the number of concurrent Kipu users. We suggest a business connection with upload speeds of at least 1.5Mbps, preferrably higher. We strongly recommend installing a backup Internet connection at your facility for redundancy in case your main line goes down.
If you do not have a redundant Internet connection, there are many options for adding it to your network. Here are a few:
- You can use a router with a cellular 3G/4G/LTE backup connection built-in or available as a USB add-on for select routers.
- You can add wireless Ethernet bridge to your network and connect it to a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot.
- If you already have a firewall, they usually support multiple Internet connections for failover out of the box. Just add a consumer-grade DSL or cable connection from a different provider. Try not to use the same technology of your current Internet connection as different providers might use the same infrastructure to your building: backup a cable connection with DSL, and vice versa.
- Use a “Dual WAN” router.
- If you are using mostly tablets with Kipu, pre-paid mobile hotspots might be sufficient for emergencies.
As always, please ask us if you need additional help: firstname.lastname@example.org
n touch screens and any standard input device. Additionally we support USB signature pads with Internet Explorer. Please contact us for current models. More importantly; you need only save one, perfect, pretty signature, then sign with a numeric “PIN” code which inserts your previously saved signature onto any formal document.